Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Beginning

So I finally got a new phone. My old one was over two years old and recently started screwing up. My mom's phone had stopped charging because of a bent screw so she told me that we were going to upgrade once my spring break started. The camera on my old phone stopped working and it stopped holding a full charge. After one phone call it would say low battery and eventually I stopped being able to get calls or texts randomly. So my parents and I picked out the phones we wanted and ordered them. My mom ordered them on Monday and they had told us 2-3 days, but they came today! Good looks AT&T.

My mom and dad both got the same Samsung a777 slider phone. My mom got it in red and my dad in blue. It's a good phone for my dad who's only got one good hand since his left side is paralyzed. We got it all set up for him today and so far he really likes it. Originally I was going to get the Blackberry Pearl. I know a few people with the phone and I really liked it. Unlike the other phones, that were free with the upgrade, the Blackberry would have been $50 extra. That was fine since I told my mom that I would pay for it. However after talking to an AT&T representative and looking at their website the Blackberry would have been an extra $30 on the phone bill each month. I don't have the money to pay for that and I didn't want my mom to have to pay it each month. So instead I chose the LG Neon in blue. Almost all of the phones I've own have been LG and I really like them.

It's very different from my old phones. All my previous phones have been flip phones and I've gotten used to using T9 to text. Now I've got a keyboard and it slides open. It's so new, but I'll eventually get used to it.




On a side note -- I really think everyone should check out this band The Vigilance Committee. They're a great band! They're actually a band that was formed at Purchase, which is surprising cause there aren't too many Purchase bands that I like. My parents also like them, and we don't usually have similar music tastes. I think my favorite song of theirs right now is Building Bridges. They also have a Myspace and their own website, http://www.wix.com/thevigilancectte/thevigilancecommittee. Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment