Thursday, January 14, 2010

Family Dates

My parents' anniversary was January 2. I tried to convince my dad to take my mom out to dinner at Milleridge Inn. It's my favorite restaurant ever. We've always gone there for events. We went for my elementary graduation, my confirmation, my birthdays, my ring day, my high school graduation, etc. I am just in love with the place. I'd like to have my wedding reception there, haha. It has a small "village" near it that are little shops associated with the restaurant. He didn't feel well on their anniversary so we ended up not going.

Anyway, last night my mom told me that we were going out for lunch at Milleridge Inn. I was surprised cause we usually have a reason to go out. She told me that my dad said he was going to take us there cause he knew I wanted to go and to celebrate their anniversary. I was so excited to go!



So we drove out to Jericho, Long Island and had an amazing lunch. I had melons and berries, a small salad, london broil with mashed potatoes and carrots, plus a small slice of cheesecake. I had a glass of White Zinfadel with it and got told by the waitress that I looked too young to drink, haha. So I had to show her my id. While waiting for the food I had a few pieces of the cinnamon bread and two popovers, which I love. They're so good.

After lunch, we made a very quick stop to Home Depot. Later on that night my mom and I went over to the Olympic diner to meet up with Iris and Matthew. She's like another mother to me. I love her. My mom and I were both too full to eat anything. She had some tea, while I had hot chocolate and then a Sprite later on. It was so good catching up with Iris. It was the first time I had gotten to see her during this break because she's been so sick. She gave me Christmas gifts, and I swear she was psychic, haha. One of the gifts was a small sparkly purple nail polish, which I loved because I'm almost out of purple nail polish. The next gift was a $20 gift certificate to the nail salon I go too. I was planning on going Saturday to get my eyebrows done, haha. She got me a small set from Bath and Body Works that had three mini lotions in them Cherry Blossom, Moonlight Path, and Peabody. Cherry Blossom and Moonlight Path are my two favorite from Bath and Body Works, haha. She gave me a really night black tube top dress and a pretty brown and beige dress. Matthew got me this awesome purple t-shirt that has a redheaded girl sitting on a skull in an oversized shirt and underwear eating something from a bowl with chopsticks. It was a really great day.

On a side note -- I love watching Ninja Warrior at like 3am on hulu.


No comments:

Post a Comment