Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A taste of the south

Since summer started I've been slowly learning to cook. I've always been more of a baker, but I thought I should probably start learning, haha. I can make the basic stuff like eggs, pasta, hot dogs, burgers, etc, but actual dinner foods not so much. What I've been doing is looking through my mom's cookbooks and finding recipes that I like. She's usually in the kitchen with me, watching over to make sure I don't mess up.

Last week I made this really yummy chicken and linguine stir-fry. You can find the recipe here if you'd like to try. It's really delicious I ate three helpings, and I never eat that much.

Tonight I decided I wanted to try making Louisiana Stir-Fry. The recipe sounded pretty good and shrimp is one of the few types of seafood that I like. I've also been interested in Cajun cooking recently. I really want to try Jambalaya and Gumbo, just without the fish, haha.

Anyway, here's how it turned out.

If you think it looks good you should try making it. You can find the recipe here! I hope you guys give it a try especially if you like spicy food.

On a side note -- I think I might start making more posts about the foods or desserts I try making.

1 comment: