Thursday, September 10, 2009

Frustrating

Last night I stayed up writing a two page comparison on Joy Harjo's poem The Woman Hanging on the 13th Floor Window and Adrienne Rich's Diving into the Wreck. I really hate analyzing poetry and it took me forever to do. I went to the library to do it because I needed to focus and not be surrounded by distractions and I needed to print it. After that Jon called me saying he needed help on the Google homework. I was supposed to do it with Kyle so we all agreed to meet at Jon's. I didn't get back to my room until 130 and was really exhausted.

Stupidly I forgot to turn the volume back on my phone. I didn't hear my alarm and slept through my first class. Thankfully I woke up in time for my last two classes. Birth and Death wasn't bad, but Colloquium made me want to jump off a cliff. We did nothing in class and then I find out the paper I stayed up working on wasn't even due. It's on the syllabus, but she didn't realize we had off for Labor Day and didn't change it on the syllabus. She accepted it, but it still annoyed me that I didn't have to do it.

On a side note -- I'm really excited to come home this weekend. I hate the dentist, but I'm really glad to be in my nice soft bed and surrounded by my four cats. The bed here is so firm and uncomfortable even with the mattress pad on it.

1 comment: