Saturday, September 12, 2009

Raindrops on Roses

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things


The dentist is NOT one of my favorite things, my best friend is. I came home this weekend because I had a 930 dentist appointment. The dentist is ALWAY late and it annoys the hell out of me. He didn't see me until almost noon. Finally we started and he pulled that crap where the needle won't hurt, but it always does. I felt so shitty and number after wards that I needed to take a nap.


I woke up around 2 and helped my mom around the house for a bit before helping her start dinner. We made sloppy joes for me and lobster tails for her and my dad. My mom made me try it because I've never tried it before. I don't like it, which I knew would happen because I'm not a fish or seafood person. I like shrimp, but that's about it.


After dinner I met up with Kriztille in Forest Hills at Crepe and Tearia. We sat and talked for quite awhile before going over to Barnes and Noble. The weather was so crappy this weekend, and I didn't pack the right clothes or shoes for it, haha. We spent a lot of time perusing through the books, but ended up not buying anything. Books are so expensive now. Most of the books I found were like 15 dollars. They had quite a bit of marvel stuff because it's Marvel's 70th year. They had a lot of X-men books, which I love, but they were like 25 dollars. I'm too poor, haha. It was so great spending time with Kriztille, I'm really glad we got to meet up.

On a side note -- I don't know if i like clams. I like Manhattan clam chowder, but I've never really had clams outside of the chowder. So I don't know if that means I like them or not, haha. I guess I'll just have to try clams that aren't in chowder one day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm such a seafood chick that the lobster tails made me hungry again...lol.

    Aw darling, dentists are interesting. Some are awesome, but majority are a pain. No "pun" intended.

    Good ol' Barnes. I ended up buying 4 books last time I decided to be impulsive.

    ReplyDelete