Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A day with the family.

More doctor appointments today. I ran the battery on my mp3 player down waiting in the waiting room. My mom and dad had a back to back appointment with their cardiologist. I had to wait for them for over an hour. At least I had music to keep me company.

After the appointment we drove over to Bayside to the PC Richards on Northern Blvd. It wasn't too far from the cardiologist. It was another cold day. We had my dad all bundled up. The parking lot at PC Richards is such a tiny mixed up pain in the ass. Once we got my dad out of the car and into the wheel chair we rolled on into the store. It was really packed. I wasn't expecting it, but I should have since it's so close to Christmas. We finally found the computer that had been advertised and was still on sale. After 10 minutes of looking for someone a worker finally came over. I got really disappointed at first because he said he didn't know if they still had the computer in stock, but he went to go check. That upset my parents. My dad was complaining about them still advertising (it was in today's paper too) and it not being in stock. Finally the guy came back with the computer in the box. He kept trying to sell us other things. First it was a computer case, which I already have. Then it was an anti-virus software, which I can download. Next was Windows Office, which I still have the discs from my old one. It came out to about $700 with tax, which isn't too bad for an HP computer. And $375 of it was paid with my money. My dad put it all on his PC Richard credit card. All the Christmas money I received ($375) from family I had already given to him for the computer.

It's funny because Brenda got a Compaq computer from the guy that always buys her stuff for Christmas. Apparently she was complaining about it not having Windows 7 or something the other day and my dad turned around and said that the new one I was getting came with Windows 7. My mom said Brenda had such a shocked look on her face and then complained to my mom (when my dad wasn't around) about him buying me a new computer when he wouldn't buy her one. My mom turned around and told her that I paid for half of it and would pay for the rest of it once I had a job, unlike her who didn't pay for her computer. Later on after dinner my parents and I were talking about what Brenda said. My dad sometimes says stuff about Brenda's complaining and my mom tells him to tell her to her face instead of making my mom say it. He told her that he shouldn't have to because Brenda was her daughter. He said my daughter is right here and pointed to me. It made me a little happy to hear that he cares about me.

We got Wendys on the way home from PC Richards. I love Wendys, it's my favorite fast food place, haha. I ordered their chili, which is sooo good. I hadn't had it in a very long time so I forgot how spicy it was. After lunch I decided I was going to bake some banana bread. While I was waiting for it to bake I decided to set up the new laptop. I'm totally in love with Windows 7. It is so awesome and I absolutely love this new computer. I took the bread out of the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes. As is was cooling I went upstairs to remove the user account on my old laptop. I brought it downstairs and started to set it up for my mom. Once the bread was cool enough I cut a slice for me and my parents. It was really good! I had never baked bread before so I was a little worried about how it would turn out, but I did ok. The parents like it, haha.

I spent the rest of the day transferring everything to my computer and explaining things to my mom about the old one.

On a side note -- I love waking up to a cat on my head, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment