Thursday, December 24, 2009

"There are no strangers on Christmas Eve"

Another early day today. I had to get up and get the laundry together. We had a lot of laundry so the bags were heavy. I put them in the back of the car for my mom. She hadn't been feeling well and was still sore from shoveling during the weekend. While she went out and did some errands I moved some boxes for my dad and helped him clean up his desk. I did a little bit more cleaning around the house. Jon was coming and I didn't want the house to be a total mess, haha. I brought my new computer downstairs to play with while I was waiting for him.

He came around 4ish and hung out at my house. I gave him a piece of banana bread, which was the reason he came haha. Banana bread and banana nut bread are his favorites. He showed me some cool features on Windows 7 and we messed around on the computer some more until my mom called. She needed to get in the drive way so Jon drove around the block so she could get in before pulling back in our drive way. I helped her carry in the groceries and then Jon helped me put them away. We sat and talked for awhile trying to figure out a good place for dessert. We were going to go to Eddie's Sweet Shop, butit was closing at 6 and it was after 5 already and dinner wasn't ready. We set the table and sat down for dinner.

We decided to get milkshakes. I made sure to give Jon some banana bread to take home for him and his parents. We went over to Johnny Rockets at Atlas Park for milkshakes. We both ended up getting fries too, haha. I got a side of ranch to go with my fries before I had a milkshake. I was so full afterwards. He headed back home to start packing. Lucky guy is going on a cruise with his family for like a week or so. I hung out downstairs on my new computer for a bit. My mom needed some help with the laptop so I showed her some more stuff.

I finally got to Skype with my friend Sean! At first Skype was being retarded and my microphone wouldn't work. I had to uninstall it and then re-download and install it again. The audio cut out sometimes but it was still nice talking to him. He's in Japan! I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to go. It was around 10pm, but it was only noon (Christmas day!) in Japan. I got to meet his two cats, who are both very pretty.

Afterwards I got a call from Cory. He was very wasted at a diner and kept asking why I didn't ask him to hang out, but I asked Jon. It was a pretty funny conversation. He was with Bennett too, so I got to talk to him for a bit too. Cory got a new phone and it was kind of hard to hear the conversation. Another good day. I'm kind of excited for Christmas.

On a side note -- I miss my friends at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment