Friday, December 11, 2009

A what did what??!!

It's been a long time since I posted but today really needs a post. It's freezing up here at school. All day I've been layered up against the cold. I had a tank top, a long sleeved turtle neck, a hoodie, my jacket, hat and scarf when I went out. I had just gotten back to my room a little after 6pm. I took off my layers because it was pretty damn hot in my room. I was just lounging in my tank top and sweat pants when I got a text from my friend Cory. It said :

"Car crashed into Starbucks."


I wasn't sure if I believed him until Kyle called asking me if I knew what happened. I didn't and being curious that I am I started to rush over. I forgot my layers. I just threw on my hoodie over my tank top and my jacket. I forgot my scarf, my hat, and my camera, which I had never wished to have more than I did today. I ran over to Starbucks and could not believe it. A car was in the middle of the store. Glass was everywhere, an ambulance and EMTs and the police, and firefighters were inside.Students were crowded around outside. Because I used to work there for so long my first thought was that I hope my friends are alright. I still have friends that work there and I'm close with Oscar the cashier and the managers Sandra and Jaime. Since I didn't have my camera I tried to take a few pictures with my phone. It came out pretty shitty.

I met up with Cory and Kyle and stayed out until about 930ish trying to do some reporting for The Brick, our online newspaper, about what happened and who saw it. It was a crazy day and I was freezing. My feet were numb and still hurt. We still don't have a clear story of what exactly happened yet. The driver is missing and there are a few people in the hospital with injuries. There's already an article on newspaper website.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20091210/NEWS02/91210011/-1/newsfront/Car-crashes-into-Purchase-Starbucks--injures-3

Photos were taken by my friend Sean Tomizawa and can be found on here.

On a side note -- This has been a crazy week.


No comments:

Post a Comment