Friday, June 26, 2009

Dinosaur Sprinkles


Today is my dad's birthday. He's 85 years old. I hope he has many more birthdays to celebrate. I'm still broke and have no money. I haven't gotten paid yet. So instead I made him a mixed cd. Two weeks ago I had him listen to Michael Buble's version of Feeling Good. I also made him listen to the original by Nina Simone, because he said he didn't know the song. He was wrong. Once he heard it he recognized it. He listened to both versions and told me he liked Michael Buble's version better. I sat with him and we had a conversation music and artists he likes. Sadly he told me that he isn't very fond of the Beatles. I'm a big Beatles fan. I asked him to give me the names of a few songs he liked. I also asked him if he likes Peggy Lee. I really love her voice. I kept track of the songs that he mentioned and decided to make him a cd for his birthday. There was only one song that I couldn't find. It's called Life's What You Make It by Henry Mancini. I looked really hard and couldn't find it. I finished the cd last night.

Daddy's Birthday Mix
  1. My Sweet Lord -- George Harrison
  2. Last Night -- Chris de Burgh
  3. Pink Panther Theme -- Henry Mancini
  4. Guilty -- Barbara Streisand
  5. Moon River -- Henry Mancini
  6. Whatever Lola Wants -- Peggy Lee
  7. In the Mood -- Glenn Miller
  8. Sunny Side of the Street -- Peggy Lee
  9. Stormy Weather -- Peggy Lee
  10. Chatanooga Choochoo -- Glenn Miller
  11. On My Own -- Patti LaBelle
  12. Fever -- Peggy Lee
  13. Last Night -- Chris de Burgh
  14. At Last -- Etta James
  15. Feeling Good -- Michael Buble
When I was downloading songs last night I decided to download He's a tramp by Peggy Lee too. It's the song she sings in Lady and the Tramp. I love it, haha.

I got to sleep till 1 today. It was so amazing. I haven't slept that late since I started work. I probably would have continued sleeping if my mom hadn't called me. She called to let me know that she had bought the cake mix.


Originally we were going to have a big barbeque and invite some distant family memebrs of his. However, with the weather being all crazy and then having to find places for everyone to stay we decided not too. We had a small dinner this evening, and his daughter Eileen came over later for cake and coffee. Next Thursday we're tak
ing him out to dinner to celebrate.It was all supposed to be a secret from him.

Brenda got all pissy this afternoon. Apparently she didn't know that
Eileen was coming over around 7 and she had already made plans. She started yelling at my mom saying that it was rude of her not to tell her the plans and that it makes her feel left out. 1. This whole thing was a last minute decision. I didn't even know until yesterday when my mom asked if I'd bake a cake. 2. She never tells anyone her plans, so how was my mom supposed to know that she was going out. She's being a hypocrit in saying those things.

I got annoyed at her bitching and I told her to just push her plans back a little. No one said that she had to stay the entire time that Eileen was here. She just gave me a look and didn't say anything. Fuck you too. She ended up doing just that. She left after she had a piece of the cake so I don't get why the hell she had to make a big deal out it. My mom said that s
he has to be the center of attention and I can see it. She tries to make everything about her. It's annoying. There are days when I just want to smack her. I don't though. I rarely talk back because I don't want to get into a fight, but I don't like it when she starts yelling at my mom for no reason. I really hate the way she treats my mom. I hate the way she calls her mother, in a very condescending way, whenever she wants something or thinks my mom should do something.

Anyway, we had dinner. Hamburgers and mac and cheese. It was yummy. Brenda went to her outreach meeting and I sat downstairs hanging out with my mom and dad. I brought down my camera and started taking pictures of the cats and my dad. Mom didn't want any pictures taken of her.

Gizmo and Checkers got into a fight, like usual. I tried to get a picture of it, but I got the aftermath instead. I don't know why her tongue is just hanging out like that. I got my mom in the picture on accident.












For some reason whenever I try to take a picture of Gizmo she looks like she's glaring at me. However, when Kriztille took pictures of her she was a camera whore and was preening for the camera. So not fair.











My dad decided he wanted a picture in his Marine Corps hat so I took this one. After the picture he looks at me and says, "so where's the cake?" I just looked at him and tried to pretend that I didn't know what he was talking about, but he said he had smelled it baking. Mom said that we couldn't have any until Eileen got here. So we talked for a bit, got annoyed at all the news on MJ and switched to tennis. We watched the match between Haas and Chilic. It was pretty intense and had to be suspended because there wasn't enough light. It started raining and thundering so mom went to wait out by the door for Eileen and my cousin Kelly, while dad and I watched Jeopardy.

We finally got cake and coffee once Eileen and Kelly came. It was good cake. It was funfetti with vanilla frosting and dinosaur sprinkles. There weren't enough sprinkles that came with the frosting and for some reason my mom had dinosaur sprinkles, so we just used those. Everyone liked the cake and I gave dad the cd. He said he liked it and was really happy with it.

Happy birthday daddy <3

1 comment:

  1. AWW! Im glad the bday thing turned out well (and the cake as well)

    >_>; maybe gizmo was just having a nice time being a camera whore for me? XP XP XP <3

    aahha your dad looks so adorable with his marine corps hat XD XD

    ReplyDelete