Monday, June 15, 2009

In the end, we all give in.

So I gave in and here I am creating a blog. I'm not exactly sure what I'll be using it for. Maybe a place for my writings, or maybe just place to rant. I'm not too sure yet.

I've felt like a bum ever since I came home. I've been home since the second week of May and I still haven't found a job. However, today I got two calls about interviews. One is tomorrow morning at a pain management/physical therapy place in Manhattan. It's at 9am, which means I have to get up so early. The other is for California Pizza Kitchen in the city on Thursday. Let's see how it goes. I'm getting tired of going on interviews and nothing happening. Seriously someone just hire me already.

I'm pretty broke and I feel like I'm just being lazy. I help out around my house when my dad needs something and usually he pays me, but I still feel bad. I'm twenty years old he shouldn't have to pay me.

That's my dad. He's also my gramps. It's a long, somewhat complicated story that I might tell you one day. The gist of it is that he adopted me when I was younger, so legally that makes him my dad. He's a pretty good guy, but he can be the biggest asshole at times. That's also a pretty complicated and long story.

I miss being away at school. It's not really because I don't have any freedom or any of that crap. It's just that it's awkward being home now that Brenda (my biological mother) is living with us. Another long story that I'll tell you about next time.

I'm rambling now. It's cause I can't fall asleep and I really should try soon since I have to get up so early tomorrow.

I have four cats. I really want more, which is evident because I had a dream last night that I woke up with a box next to my bed. In that box were these two really pretty gray/white tiger striped kittens names Sage and Juniper that my mom had given me to say congrats on finally getting a job. See any hidden messages in this dream? My parents would not be ok with more than four cats.

This is Checkers. He's one of "the boys." I think he's close to two or three years old now. We brought him home when he was a few weeks old. He's stupid and weird. I say that with love. He's always running into things and he doesn't lay down he flops down. His way of showing you affection is headbutting you and he's absolutely fascinated with his shadow. He sat and stared at it for an hour one time and would move and then jump towards the shadow cause it moved. I really don't think he's all there in the head, but I chalk it up to the collapsed lung he had after he was just born. He's a good kitten.

This is Romeo. He's the other half of "the boys" (my mom calls them that all the time.) I like Romeo, I do, but he doesn't really do much. He's a fat cat. My dad thinks he looks like a pregnant cat. He's constantly eating or sleeping. Sometimes he plays with Checkers. He is very affectionate though and he has a foot fetish. Whenever I come out of the shower and walk back upstairs he follows me the whole way and tries to rub my feet. It's weird. I don't really get it. He's gonna be two or three, I can't really remember. I got him the same time as Checkers so they're basically brothers. He likes to lay on scratching pads for some reason.


This is Gizmo. She's probably around five or six years old. I'm not too sure. She was already a year old when we got her from the shelter. She's the Queen of the house. She likes to be pampered, but only when she wants to. I've always seemed to be her favorite, because she was pretty anti-social with my parents. While I was at school she warmed up to my dad pretty well. But ever since I've been home she's been more affectionate and always around me. She stays in my room most of the time, even if the door is open and she always follows me around. It's kind of strange because she was never like that before, but I like it. It makes me happy. She seems to be everyone's favorite when people come to the house. It's cause she's so pretty. I think she's the prettiest cat we have. Her and Checkers don't always get along. He gets on her nerves a lot and he's too dumb to realize that he should stop trying to play with her cause she'll smack him. He never learns. She never gives real kisses (licks), but she gives me "kitty kisses" (my mom came up with it.) She gets up in my face at random times and rubs her nose against mine. It's cute. I like it.

This is Kyou (the one on the left.) Unfortunately I don't have a picture of Kyou by himself on my computer. They're all on my external and I'm too lazy right now to get it out. So he'll have his own picture in another post. Kyou is my baby. I've had him since he was eight weeks old and he's now going on five years old. He used to be a tiny thing and he would always jump up and lay across my shoulders. He's a pretty big cat now and he still jumps up and lays across my shoulders. He doesn't realize how heavy he really is and that he's too big to do that, but I don't really mind. He was my very first cat and I love him very much. He's very shy and skittish when people come into the house. He still sleeps with me at night and always wants my attention. He's totally spoiled. I always held him when he was a kitten so he's always jumping on me. He gets mad at me when I'm at school. I can always tell because the first day I come home from school he ignores me and runs away from me. Then the second day he's all over me again. He thinks he's king, but Gizmo beats him easily. They randomly get into fights, I don't know what starts them, but he never wins. That's pretty sad for a cat his size, but I still love him.






We've always had stray cats in our backyard. This one female cat just keeps giving birth in our garage. There's a hole in the back of it and she hides in there and that's where she keeps them after she births them. The little gray and white one has been there the longest. She's gonna be popping out kittens soon, or at least that's what my mom says. My mom has affectionately names her Bright Eyes because of her pretty blue eyes. She no longer runs away from us and sometimes comes closer when we talk to her, but she won't let us close enough to pet. I think she's such a beautiful cat. I don't know who the male cats are. They just showed up a few weeks ago, but it's because of Bright Eyes.

This post is long enough. I should get some sleep, but it's difficult. I'm not tired and I have four cats stretched out thinking that this is their bed and therefore they leave me no room. What's a girl supposed to do? Wish me luck on my interview tomorrow. Night.


2 comments:

  1. this has more words than i've ever heard you say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) blogging gives me something to do LOL that and I since I can never keep a journal of some sort, i think this will just help me reflect on life lol!

    <3I hope you find a job!!!!

    ReplyDelete