Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Candy kisses on my tongue

Today I worked a lot. I was on my feet for seven and a half hour. I didn't even get to sit for lunch. I get into work and find out that Naomi won't be in until 11. She didn't show up until noon. So of course who gets stuck helping the doctor with epidurals? Me. It's really not hard, but it makes me queezy to see Dr. Leff stick needles into peoples backs and necks.

Thankfully, because he was running behind (like he always is), I didn't have too many to assist. I worked on charts all morning. There were so many to file this morning it was ridiculous. Then I had to pull the charts for tomorrow morning. Rosie asked my to file the MRI reports away with the correct charts and then I filed a few other things like prescriptions and approvals in files too.

I swear there was like ten times the amount of mail today. Absolutely ridiculous. We ran out of big envelops so I had to fold the insurance claims papers in threes to fit them into the smaller envelops so that the address could be seen. I have so many tiny paper cuts on my hands from stuffing envelops.

I learned something new today, thanks to Rosie of course. Susan has yet to do anything, but Rosie always finds something for me to do. I don't mind because I like Rosie. She taught me how to make new patient charts and what papers go in it and what slots. It was pretty fun. I enjoy putting things together like the charts.

I finally ate lunch around 3. It turned out that we ordered Chinese, which kinda sucks because I had that last night. I ate pretty quickly because I still had a lot of work to do.

Finally work ended, but the rain started. I had another lunch/dinner date with Kriz. We went to Alice's Teacup for some good scones and tea. I had a really good time. I just can't wait to get paid! They do a two-week pay, which I'm not used to.

On a random side note, I'm really starting to like the leggings and a shirt style. I've been wearing leggings at home with a long shirt. I usually wear just a shirt to sleep in, but I can't walk around the house like that so instead of wearing pants (because it's been too hot) I've just been wearing leggings. I think I pull it off. Ugh, I have to get up and go to work again tomorrow. I don't want to.

1 comment:

  1. ;D it was a great date <3

    wow sounds like they have you doing alot, but at least you're having fun :D

    im not fond of leggings still, but I want a black pair for 'just in case' i want to wear one with my plaid dress xDD

    ReplyDelete