Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just call me doctor.

My feet are killing me. I've been standing for seven hours. I get to work and start on the charts. While doing that Susan comes in and tells me I'll be assisting Dr. Ji and Dr. Leff with epidurals all day because Naomi didn't make it to work. Dr. Leff kept joking all day that I was now known as Doctor Amanda. Epidurals are freaky things. I'm not big on seeing people have needles pushed into their necks and/or backs. I wasn't happy to do it and I was a little nervous, but what could I do. To add to that the damn fluroscope machine weighs more than I do and I'm supposed to be able to move it around for the doctors. Yeah, right. I have to step on it with two feet just to unlock it. I mostly did that today at work, which meant that I stood for everything. I didn't even get to sit while I was working on the mail. All the chairs were taken and I couldn't get a stool because the doctors were busy with patients. I didn't get to sit until lunch, which was around 2.



We got Chinese today. It was so good and filling. I had chicken with broccoli and white rice. I was super full I couldn't finish it all. By 3 I was back downstairs assisting and on my feet again. I find it funny that when I was interviewed Susan said assisting was one of the last things I was going to learn. I still haven't learned to work the phones, or how to process the co-pays and stuff into the computer, but I can assist with epidurals. Ironic. The day was long, but it went by faster because of all the work I was doing. Each procedure is about 45 minutes. I got out of work late because I was still assisting. It was around 515 by the time we finished. The office closes at 5, but Rosie was still there because of the last patient. I decided to help Rosie finish up her work. I didn't leave work until 530ish.

I'm so happy I get to sleep in tomorrow. I might be hanging out with Jon too. He just has to get back to me on that one. It's supposed to be around 90 tomorrow and I really want to go to the beach, but I don't have anyone to go with. My normal beach buddy is in Maryland for the summer. It makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment