Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tea Party

Today was absolutely beautiful. The sun was shining brightly and it was nice and warm out. I went into the city today with Kriztille and Joi. It was a fun day. We ate at Je Bon for lunch and then walked about the village for awhile. We found this pretty interesting organic/recycle type store/cafe. They had a lot of nice stuff, but it was kind of expensive. They wanted twelve dollars for a small thing of nail polish. There was this snazzy women's clothing store called Love Song. They had some super cute things, but also very expensive.

I realized just now that I drank a lot of coffee today. I had a cup when I woke up this morning. I had a small iced cinnamon dolce latte while I was waiting for Kriz and Joi. I had another iced latte, this time vanilla, on my way home. I probably won't be sleeping tonight.

We stopped at this bakery called Veniros (I think that's spelled right.) I got a mini strawberry cheesecake. It was so yummy. There was this grumpy old guy though. He got mad at us because we wanted to sit down, but apparently we ordered take out. He was mean.

We went to Washington Square and Kriz and I dipped out feet in the fountain. It was blissful. The water was cool and refreshing. I wished I had brought extra clothes because then I would have ran through the water. We got wet though cause this guy decided to dip his head under one of the spouts and it shot towards us.

It was a fun day. Good food. Good weather. Good friends.

On a side note. I got a text from Kyle today saying Michael Jackson died. A lot of people are upset by it. I get it. He was a good performer, but he was also a pedophile and he dangled his baby out of a window. He's not a saint. I'm sick of people talking about his death and making facebook statuses about him. To be brutally honest, I don't really care that he died. I care that Farrah Fawcett, who battled with cancer for two years, died. She was a good actress. It's a bit saddening that it seems (at least to me) that no one even cares that she's gone or cares that she had to fight against cancer for her life. Anyway, I'm done with my mini rant. I just wanted to say that.

2 comments:

  1. :D it was so niceeeee in the fountain! I'm so glad I got to see you <3

    And Sadly, people just dont care as much about Farrah because ie Michael Jackson is more famous. That's how society works :/ unfortunately. I think because MJ WAS so flawed, thats part of why people are attracted to him. I find it funny that we seem to have this tradition of wanting to put people down but at the same time we're attracted to social resurrections. XD

    we should defintely go back and dip our feet again (bring extra clothes?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....today was just beautiful since I got to see two of my gorgeous friends...and we had a BLAST.

    ReplyDelete