Thursday, June 18, 2009

"Look at all the lonely people. Where do they all come from?"

So I was too lazy to post yesterday. I feel asleep super early for me. I think I officially passed out around 1-130. I usually fall asleep around 6am as of right now. But I guess having at get up at 630am will make you fall asleep early. So yeah yesterday I woke up really early (630) to get ready for my interview. When I don't really know where I'm going I like to leave earlier than normal just in case I get lost. This time I left my house around 715 for a 9am interview. It definitely wouldn't take me that long to get there, but just in case. So I get the J pretty quickly and then I think I waited maybe 5 minutes for the E. I got to Lex and 53 at around 810. So yeah, way too early. I had like an hour to kill. So i chilled outside the Dunkin Donuts for about another ten minutes playing Solitare on my cell phone. I'm totally addicted to that. It's pretty bad cause it kills my battery so quickly, but I can't stop playing.

Anyway, I wait about ten minutes and then decided that I should proba
bly start walking to the place then instead of waiting closer till 9 because I didn't exactly know where I was going. Oh, forgot to mention. Monday night I bought these plain black flats, so that I have nice shoes for the interview. First of all I was annoyed cause I couldn't find anything in my size in womens' so I had to look in the kids section. I'm a four in kids. I have tiny fucking feet man. So they're cute shoes and all, but by the time it took me to walk to the J (which is like only three blocks) I already have bleeding blisters at the backs of my ankles. Great. They hurt so bad and they stained the back of my pantyhose. So yeah, I'm not really happy at this moment.

I had to walk from 53 street to 49th and then up 49th to in between 1st and 2nd ave with bleeding, painful blisters. It sucked hardcore. I was so tempted to take off the shoes and walk, but that's kind of gross. It's about a ten minute walk. Not bad at all if my feet weren't hurting from the blisters. I get there and it's about 830, but there was no place for me to just ch
ill. I ring the bell and walk in and tell the front desk girl why I'm there and who to see. I told her I was early so I didn't mind waiting. She told me to take a seat and that Susan had told her she'd be with me shortly. I waited another ten minutes and then Terry, Susan's PA, walks out and then brings me to the office. I'm sitting there and I apologize for being early again and she told me it was no problem.

They start talking about what the job entails, which is only filing and scheduling in the beginning, but that I would eventually learn how to do everything and learn how to assist the doctors. There's five doctors in the place. The main doctor is Susan's husband. Susan is this nice old lady. They were both super nice. Apparently I was the last out of three interviews and she said I was the best. It made me feel good when she said that. She told me that she was willing to offer me the job on the spot if I was interested. I said yes definitely. I got to pick the days I wor
k. They're only hiring for two or three days so I decided on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Then she told me I had my choice between 8-4, 830-430, or 9-5, but that I had to be consistent. I picked 9 to 5. I figure I can get a little more sleep. It's gonna be tough since I'm going to have to get up early, which I'm not used to. I'm going to be getting paid $10 an hour, which is super awesome. I get to wear scrubs, which I'm excited about. I start Monday bright and early, which I'm excited and nervous about because I get introduced to everyone and I hope I don't mess anything up.

Today I had to get up early again, but a bit later. I was up at 10 and was ready to leave by 1015ish. My mom had to stop at the bank and then the gas station before taking me up to Purchase. When we got to the gas station she told me to get her a diet pepsi and to get myself something. I was so happy when I went in and found that they had the huge 99cent arizona iced teas and then I was estatic because they had the raspberry one. None of the freaking stores around me have the raspberry one, which is my all time favorite one. So after that w
e were on our way up to Purchase. My eyes hurt really bad this morning and I had to keep scwinting (?) for awhile. I think it was because I was still really tired. We get on the Van Wyck and the damn thing is so backed up. My mom gets off and decides to take College Point Blvd, but everyone had that idea so it was just as crowded. It took us close to an hour just to get to the Whitestone Bridge. It never takes that long. We finally get to Purchase around noon, which is a half hour later than I was supposed to be.

Darci and I start heading for Branford. Yay. It took like an hour to get there, but we were surrounded by trees so it was pretty. I saw a sign for Crackle Barrel on the way and it made me happy. I love that place. Branford is such a cute town. I love it and we're going to move there. The houses are so pretty and it's not shitty at all like Queens is. Jenn took us to Co
mmon Grounds, which is the coffee house she frequents a lot. I like it. It's super cute. It's up there with the Witches Brew and Alice's Teacup for my favorite coffee/tea places. We all got iced coffees and sat outside talking for a bit. We heading to the beach next. It's not at all like Rockaway Beach. It's so much cuter and smaller. I just love it. We climbed some rocks on the beach and sat up there talking. It was a little scary at first cause I thought I was going to fall off, but I loved it.

After that we drove through the Branford and Guilford and Jenn showed us all the nice places. We stopped at the bakery she works at and her boss Nancy was there so we got to go in. Nancy was really nice. She gave Darci and I a hug and a free cup cake. It was awesome. We drove around some more and stopped at Clinton for the Croc outlet, but they didn't have Darci's size for the shoe she wanted.

We went hiking in this path in the woods. I had the wrong shoes for it. I was wearing flip flops, but luckily I was wearing pants. Darci had on a skirt and flip flops. It was a really cool place we ended up going in this cave and then climbing some rocks. There were some moment when I thought I was going to fall, but it was so fun.

New Haven pizza is pretty good. Jenn took us to this place called Modern Apizza. It was so yummy. We had a large pizza, which is about 18 inches (I think.) We got the onion, pepper, and mushroom pizza. So good! I ended up having four slices. I'm still shocked at that. Normally I can only eat one slice and then I'm full. I think it had to do with me not eating anything all day and that it was so good. I'm so full. Even now, it's like almost 3 am and we ate around 6ish (I think) and I'm still so stuffed. I can't think about food. New Haven apparently makes their own soda, I think that's what Jenn said. We got a pitcher of Birch Beer, which is pretty much Root Beer and it was clear! I'd never seen it like that before. It was sooo good.

We walked around the center of Branford for a little bit, but it was starting to get cold. We left Jenn's around 1030. Darci was driving me home so we decided on taking 95 to the Whitestone Bridge insead of driving back to Purchase and then back to me. We both completely forgot the there's more construction going on during the summer. We were stopped so many times (unnecessarily) and there was so much traffic. I didn't get home until 1230. I feel bad that Darci had to drive back up to Purchase so late, but she said she usually leaves late when she visits her sister. It only took her a half hour to get back up there.

I'm excited. We decided that sometime before school starts, like late August, that Jenn and I are going to go visit upstate with Darci and stay the weekend. It'll be so awesome. So that was my last two days. Another really long post because I can't sleep. Oh well. Night.

1 comment:

  1. :D haha your cute! 4 in kids xD i think i am too
    im soooooooooooo happy you got the job! YAY! :D

    and the coffee shop you told me about sounds awesome! i definitely want to go see it

    ReplyDelete