Friday, July 3, 2009

“About the woodlands I will go / To see the cherry hung with snow.” -- A.E. Housman

I carried this giant downstairs and out to the car. We took it to the repair place in Bayside. I'm without a tv for awhile, which normally I would be ok with. However, there's a James Bond marathon tomorrow and I can't sleep without some kind of background noise.

Today I woke up at 10am because m
y mom needed my help with getting stuff out of the car and cleaning the front porch. It sucked. I really wanted to sleep later, but oh well. While I was at the tv repair place Jon texted me asking if I was at work. I said no, but I was out at the moment. Turns out he had to drive his mom to Glendale, where his dad works. It's near me, only like seven minutes away (according to his gps), so he said he would stop by.


He came around five and ended up having dinner with us. It was really good, my mom made london broil and french fries, with asparagus (which I don't like). We talked for awhile before deciding to drive over to Eddie's Sweet Shop for dessert. I love Eddie's it's such an awesome ice cream shop. We sat at the corner and Jon tried some different ice cream flavors. You get to try a spoonful for free. Pretty sweet.



I tried the Cherry Vanilla decided on that. He tried a few others including Tutti Frutti, before deciding on Cherry Vanilla. I got a two scope Cherry Vanilla with marshmallows, whipped cream
, and a cherry on top. He got the same just without marshmallows. Copycat. It was soooo yummy!

After finishing the ice cream we were both super full so we sat for awhile talking about random stuff. Fun times. Jon didn't want to go back home so we sat in his car for a bit just talking and listening to music. Really random, but we saw this girl, Catherine Davis, that I went to high school. She met Jon once before when she visited Lauren at Purchas
e. It was kinda weird, because she gave us a strange look before waving. I guess she thinks it's weird to talk in a car? Haha, I don't really know.

Eventually we drove back to my place. We still haven't decided on July 4 plans yet, but he's gonna let me know. I really hope there's some kind of bbq because I've been dying for some good bbq food.

It was a good day and I'm glad I got to go out. I love hanging out with Jon because we always find ways to make doing nothing fun.

On a side note -- I'm getting sick of all the fireworks people are setting off in my neighborhood. I get that it's the holiday, but don't be an asshole and set them off around midnight and/or later. The last week people have been setting them off super late and it's really annoying if I'm trying to sleep especially if I have work the next day.

2 comments: