Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lets try this

Ok, lets try this. I'm going to put my last three days in one post. Hopefully it wont be too long.

Sunday:
I didn't do much. Nothing that's really noteworthy. However there was an incident at the laundromat. My mom and I went to do laundry. After we had started the washers we took a seat by the video games cause that was all that was open. I didn't have a book with me so I started playing solitaire on my phone. I really love that game. This guy, maybe mid to late 30s sits down next to me. Here's what happened next.

Him: That poker?
Me: Nope, it's solitaire.
Him: You that bored that you playing solitaire on your phone.
Me: Yeah kinda, but I like solitaire.
Him: You seen Transformers?
Me: Nope
Him: Do you want to?
Me: Not really.
Him: You here with your moms?
Me: Yup
Him: What you doing after?
Me: Going home
Him: Do you have to? Don't you got any free time to yourself?
Me: I do, but I don't want to spend it with you.

Just a note for you guys. Don't try to hit on girls at a laundromat. Anyway the guy was super creepy.

Monday:
Mostly another long shitty day at work. I was on my feet most of the time and a rep brought lunch, which was nasty so I barely ate. I get into work and Susan calls me into her office. She tells me that I don't have to work on Wednesdays anymore. She didn't tell me why, but assured me that it had nothing to do with my work. Ok fine. I was annoyed, but there's really not much I can say to that. So I've decided to look for a second job. I applied to a post about Teacher Assistants at Sylvan Learning Center. I hope I get it. It'll give me good practice for when I become a teacher. After I left work I stopped at the little news store on my block for a drink. While I was in there I noticed a really fat cat just laying on the magazine stacks. It was pretty cute. I get home to find out that my mom got into a car accident while she was out. The front end of the car is totalled and we might not be able to fix the car. Thankfully my mom is ok. She's just bruised pretty badly on her chest and shoulder.

Today:
I get into work today and go into the filing room to put my bag down and start pulling charts for tomorrow's appointments. However, there was a young guy in the room already. Now I know why I no longer have Wednesdays. It infuriates me. His name is Gene, he works part times and his mother is a friend of Susan's. Can you guess why he got hired? He works Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays (which I was never offered when I was interviewed.) Maybe if he did some work instead of complaining I wouldn't mind him being there, but he didn't do shit. Barely did any work today and complained about being bored. He also got to leave around 340. I didn't get to leave until 530, a half hour later than normal, because I got stuck assisting with epis again. It just pisses me off.

On a side note -- I really hope my body isn't becoming used to getting up early. Everyday that I didn't have work last week (Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun) I woke up first at 8ish and then again around 10am. I miss sleep. I haven't had a day where I could sleep however long I wanted. I really hope I can sleep in tomorrow without my stupid body waking up.

1 comment:

  1. eww that guy at the laundromat is a creep :|

    aww i hope you get hired as a teacher's assitant! i think you'd make a great teacher <3

    ReplyDelete