Monday, August 10, 2009

Amazing Weekend

I came back from an amazing weekend with some of the greatest people I know. It made me really sad to come home. I went to visit the girls I lived with last year, Britt, Darci, and Jenn. It was even sadder because Britt transfered to Oswego so I really don't know when I'll see her again.

Friday -- I took the train up to White Plains, where Darci picked me up. We went back to campus to wait for Jenn and then we all piled in her car for the ride up to Darci's town, Nineveh. Along the way we stopped at Taco Bell. Haha, it's always Taco Bell with us. We finally got to Darci's mom's house around 830-9ish. Her house is so awesome! We had a bonfire and made smores while waiting for Britt to get there. She got a little lost on the way, but finally made it. We sat around the fire for a long time just catching up on each others' lives. It was really great.


Jenn and Me

Britt and Darci


Saturday -- We went to Cole Park! It's a little man-made lake that everyone goes too. Before we got there we stopped at The Little Corner Store, where Darci u
sed to work, and got some amazing subs. We laid out tanning and eating for awhile, before we decided to go paddle boating. It was a lot of fun. Darci and Britt did the paddling while Jenn and I relaxed, haha. After the paddle boat we took a walk through the woods and had fun with Darci's self-timer.


Jenn, Britt, Darci, and Me in the paddle boat

Me and Jenn. The life jackets were so big.

Britt and Darci


Jenn and Britt

Darci and Me

Group pic, me, Darci, Jenn, and Britt

Silly group shot, me, Darci, Jenn, and Britt

Later on we went to a hooka bar. It was an interesting night to say the least. We got two different hookas and when the girl brought them over she knocked one over spilling the coal everywhere. Shortly after that happened we noticed the couch we were sitting on smoking a bit and then realized there a coal fell back there. There was a small couch fire, before one of the guys working put it out. Sadly this was our last night with Britt cause she had to leave in the morning.


Group before hooka, me, Britt, Darci, and Jenn


The hooka that didn't get knocked over.

Jenn, Britt, and me

Britt and Me


Darci and Jenn

Sunday -- Britt left :(!!!!!!! It was really sad. It was kind of rainy all day Sunday, but we made the best of it. We stopped at Darci's dad's house in Bainbridge. Her sister Sara and her kids were there. They're so adorable. We went to the mall afterwards. I ended up buying a pack of nose rings when I really need to get a new bag. Darci bought the cutest leopard print fake glasses, haha. The look adorable on her though. We tried looking for the cyber cafe in downtown Binghamton, but we got lost and deciced to give up. So instead we stopped at Panera to get some food. It was delish. I had a bread bowl with chicken noodle soup, filled me right up. We decided to stay in and rent some movies. You can rent movies at this ice cream shop so we got movies and ice cream, haha. Yummy. We rented Seven Pounds, which we watched first. I cried at the end. It's a really good movie. Next, to lighten the mood we watched Confessions of a Shopaholic, which is so cute and funny. Afterwards Darci went through some of her old clothes and gave them to me and Jenn.


Me and Duffy, (Darci's dog) my best friend for the weekend


Darci, Me and her dog Duffy

Monday morning was sad when we had to leave. Jenn and I drove back down to the city. She had the day off from work so she wanted to visit her boyfriend in Brooklyn. I can't wait to see them again.

1 comment: