Friday, August 21, 2009

Mysterious Package

Finally went school shopping today. My mom woke me up and said that we were going to go. I kind of didn't want to today, because I was hoping I could go see District 9 with Kriz and her friends, but oh well. We got my dad in the car and headed to the Target at College Point.

The air conditioning in the car and the store felt so good! My dad drove his scooter around the store while I held his cane. He bought me a tv! It's a 19inch Magnavox tv/dvd combo. It's smaller than my old tv, but I really like it. The picture is a lot better and there's no more weird white filmy-ness, so I can't complain. It made me really happy that he bought it too. Among other things, I ended up getting a new comforter since my old one got ripped. We came home and set up the tv. While I was upstairs the doorbell rang. I didn't think anything of it because it's usually not for me, but I was called downstairs. My mom told me that it was a package for me. It was from JcPennys and the box was freaking huge! Bigger than me!

My mom asked if I had bought anything, but I didn't. I don't have money to buy anything that big, haha. I opened it and it's a green/blue reversible comforter. There was no packing slip or reciept in the box. My mom called the JcPennys that it was sent from to figure out who sent it and it turns that it was sent from Iris!

I was so shocked! I didn't remember telling her that I needed a new comforter. I called her up to say thank you and that she didn't have to. She told me she didn't mind at all and it turns out that I have another package waiting for me because she bought me sheets to match the comforter. It was such a nice thing to do. My dad just laughed and told me to take both comforters up to school with me. Iris always buys me things and I feel bad for it, but my mom told me that Iris told her that she does it because I'm the daughter she never had. That made me really happy, because I think of Iris as another mother.

On a side note -- Absolutely love this.


1 comment:

  1. Aww i wish you could have seen the movie with us <3 and potter puppets! XD

    ReplyDelete