Monday, August 24, 2009

Worry

I'm very worried and scared. The other day my dad went to go have a stress test. They said that he had a really slow heartbeat in the middle of the test. That's not really normal. He had to come back today to get a heart moniter placed on him for 24 hours. They're worried about the slow heartbeat.

My dad said he's been feeling very tired lightly and that he has trouble breathing. I'm really hoping it's just because of the heat. We have no air conditioning in the house, all we have is fans, he's 85 years old and in a wheelchair. So I feel that the heat would have a greater effect, but he doesn't seem to think it's just the heat.

I don't want to think of him dying or getting sick. I want him as healthy as he can be. He has to stay alive for a long time. I want him to be at my wedding one day and give me away. It really doesn't help me feel any better when he makes stupid jokes about calling Jimmy, the guy that owns the funeral parlor near us; or when he talks about how when he was in WWII when he was 20, he'd pray for 20 more years and he got like 60, so he's happy. I don't like hearing him talk like that and I know my mom doesn't either. She gets really upset when he says things like I'm giving up or send me to a nursing home.

No side note today.

1 comment:

  1. D: Im sorry to hear that. I hope gets better <3 <3 <3 Speaking of no AC, same thing at my house...rather my parents have it in their room, but im always like dying outside X_X

    ReplyDelete